The Commercial Pilot Certificate takes you to a higher degree of skill and flying ability and prepares you for a career in aviation. As a professional pilot, you can be paid for your flying services. You will learn of all the privileges and limitations you have as a pilot-for-hire. This certification involves in-depth training on certain aircraft systems. You will learn high performance maneuvers, and achieve a new level of mastery and safety. You will make perfect the basic skills you learned as a private and instrument pilot.
To be eligible for a Commercial Pilot Certificate a person must:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
· Hold at least a current third class medical certificate.
· Hold at least a Private Pilot Certificate or meet the requirements of FAR 61.73
· Pass a written exam on the on the aeronautical knowledge areas of FAR 61.125.
· Receive flight training and a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor.
· Meet the aeronautical experience requirements that apply to the aircraft rating sought.
· Pass a practical test on the areas of operation listed in FAR 61.127(b). 61.129.
At least 250 hours of flight time with at least:
The following websites contain a wealth of additional information that you may find helpful:
We would be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Feel free to contact us anytime at the phone number listed above.